Chefs/Cooks for the winter season at Lapland Hotels, Finland
Are you looking for a job in the hospitality area? What about working at one of the world‘s most unique resorts behind the Arctic Circle? We can help you with getting an exciting job for the upcoming winter season! We are offering seasonal jobs mainly in the Lapland area in Finland. It is a great opportunity how to explore a magical Arctic region! Join Barona, work as a CHEF/COOK, and get ready for an unforgettable experience!
Depending on the resort where you will be working, you will be preparing various dishes, a la carte menu, breakfasts, and buffet tables. It is important you have a team spirit and are open-minded as you will be working in an international team where the common working language will be English. Especially during the highest season, it can be very busy so you should be used to working in a fast-paced environment. Apart from that, we expect you to have a passion for cooking and a positive attitude to keep up a good atmosphere in the team.
Depends on your preferences, you can choose from various destinations as Lapland Hotels has 14 resorts in Lapland, such as in Sodankylä, Saariselkä, Sirkka, Levi, Äkäslompolo, or Ylläsjärvi. Are you looking for calm places in the forest to be surrounded by authentic Lappish nature or would you rather prefer to be located in places with more "city vibes" ? We can help you to get a job in the resort which suit you the best.
The length of the contract:
Are you looking for a short-term job or would you rather to have a long-term job? At Lapland Hotels, both options are possible! We are offering various lengths of the employment contracts from 1-month job (for the Christmas period) up to a whole winter season (until middle of April 2024).
Depending on the collective agreement, you can have either part-time or full-time job, so your work schedule will consist of 90 h or 112,5 h per three weeks, on average.
Why to work with us?
In Barona, you will get:
• Finnish fixed-term employment contract
• Competitive salary depending on working experience: In the range of 2000-2500€/month + extras
• Extra compensation for evening (+1,33 €/h), night (+ 2,25€/h) & Sundays/public holidays (+100%) shifts
• Possibility of additional shifts and extra hours (especially between December-February, but November and January are fewer hours)
• Occupational health care provided by the employer after the employment has lasted at least one month
• Staff housing is provided by the employer, paid by the employee, the cost: 100-450€/month (depends on the locality and the type of room)
• Relocation assistance if needed
• Work in a multicultural, friendly, and supportive environment that turns the work into fun and joy
• Other benefits offered by Lapland Hotels such as accommodation benefits, staff discounts in restaurants (up to -50%), staff benefits on all their ski resorts (up to -50%), and other specific staff benefits on safari activities, gyms, spas, and much more
Do you know someone who would be a perfect fit for a hospitality job? Refer them to us and earn up to 50€ through our REFERRAL PROGRAM!
Who we are looking for?
To be successful in this role, you should have:
• Previous relevant experience in a similar position
• English language on a communicative level is a MUST
• A genuine passion for cooking
• Familiar with European cuisine
• Hygienic passport is a big plus
• Previous experience with buffet and/or A la carte
• Ability to keep up good team spirit and work in a dynamic environment
• Driving license is a plus (depends on the resort)
Information about the selection process:
If you feel this is the right job for you, please, submit your resume in the English language.
Barona acts as a collaborator, and the employment agreement will be with Barona, but you will be working for Lapland Hotels, Finland.
The right candidates will be invited for an online interview. Once succeeded, there might be the second round of the interview with our client.