Cooks to the city of Santa Claus, Finland - Winter season
We are calling for you - all adventurous chefs! Join us and become a part of the world's most unique resort where you will work with a team of talented individuals to create the magic of Lapland. We have the perfect seasonal job for you in the heart of Lapland.
You will have the chance to work as a COOK in one out of the three unique restaurants from the Santa Claus Holiday Village resort. You will be preparing a variety of dishes - from a la carte menus to breakfasts and buffets. The role requires a great team spirit and adaptability as you will work alongside an international team, using English as your common language. You should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment because it may be very busy especially during the busiest season. Apart from that, we expect you to have work experience as a cook, a passion for cooking, and take pride in creating delicious meals.
This is a fixed term position, starting with October/November 2023 and lasting till March 2024. You will be working full-time, for an average of 112,5 hours per three weeks, in various shifts system.
- Finnish fixed-term employment contract
- Competitive salary depending on working experience: 2031-2230€/month + extras
- Extra compensation for evening (+1,33€/h), night (+2,25€/h) & Sundays/public holidays (+100%) shifts
- Possibility of additional shifts and extra hours (especially between December-February, but November and January are fewer hours)
- Staff housing is provided by the employer, paid by the employee, the cost: 300-450€/month (Shared apartments located around 4 km from the workplace)
- Relocation assistance and support with the official formalities in Finland
- Occupational health care provided by the employer after the employment has lasted at least one month
- One safari activity FOR FREE
- Photo with your biggest boss in the area (Santa Claus) 😊
- Staff lunches (around 6€) + included coffee and soft drinks
- Other benefits such as a 10-20% discount for staff in the restaurant and shops in the Arctic Circle area
You are the perfect candidate for us, if you:
- Have previous work experience as a cook
- Are familiar with European cuisine
- Have previous experience in Finland is a big plus
- Know English language on a communicative level
- Are a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Have education in a gastronomy area - is a big advantage
- Have driving license - is a plus
Information about the selection process:
The suitable applicants will be invited to an online interview, after which we will proceed to the second phase of the recruitment process - the interview with our client.
Barona acts as a collaborator, and the employment agreement will be with Barona, but you will be working for Santa Claus Holiday Village.
Are you ready to trade in your ordinary work routine for a winter wonderland adventure? Send your application today!