Energy System Analyst, Teraloop Oy
A great opportunity has arisen to join a growing energy company and help build the energy systems of the future! We are seeking an Energy System Analyst to analyze customers' energy systems at Teraloop Oy in Espoo, Finland. The selected candidate will be hired for a permanent position at Teraloop. You can start working flexibly after the holidays. But act quickly, as the person will be selected for the role as soon as possible!
As an Energy System Analyst, your main responsibility will be to analyze and design technical solutions for customers' and partners' energy systems. If desired, your tasks may also include site surveys and training for customers, as well as direct communication and reporting to customers and other stakeholders. Overall, you will provide technical support to customers and partners and closely collaborate with Teraloop's multicultural commercial and technical expert team.
We are looking for someone with solid experience in analyzing and designing low and medium voltage energy systems. Additionally, experience in various renewable energy and hybrid systems, energy storage, diesel/gas generators, and power electronics is highly desirable. Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets is required, along with solid experience in sub-hourly power flow simulations. Fluency in English is also expected.
Furthermore, we value:
• Experience in energy system simulation and modeling
• Experience in technical customer service, preferably in an international environment
• Strong project management skills, problem-solving ability, and interpersonal skills
• Experience with battery systems and their management
• Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively
• Strong sense of responsibility and proactive approach
• Proficiency in Finnish language is considered a plus.
This position offers you:
• An opportunity to work in an inspiring and innovative company
• Interesting challenges and the ability to contribute to energy optimization
• Possibility to further develop as an expert in the energy field.
For more information about the position, please contact Kristiina Vormala, Recruitment Manager at Barona Engineering (040 837 4019), available on Thursdays from 13:00 to 14:00.
The energy transition relies on high levels of energy generation from renewable sources. This will require a substantial increase in effective energy storage, to ensure availability of supply, grid flexibility and reliability. Teraloop addresses that demand with scalable and sustainable solutions based on our patented kinetic energy storage, offering a low cost of ownership for applications requiring heavy cycling. Our solutions distinguish themselves first in the hubless configuration of our rotor topology, which enables us to scale efficiently to higher power and energy than competing flywheel solutions, as well as a higher energy density. We further innovate with sustainable material innovations, such as bio-based and recycled carbon fibre, magnetically loaded composites, and bio-based epoxy resins. Our focus is related to grid scale support, sustainable electric mobility, as well as distributed energy resources.