We are now looking for an experienced Engineering Manager for Fixably!
Are you an experienced people leader who is passionate about building a great work environment for software engineers? Do you want to ensure that employees feel trusted and motivated so that they can shine in their everyday work? Do you want to join a fast-growing company that develops world-leading products to help save our planet from electronic waste?
If your answer to these questions is yes, then we are probably looking for you to be our next Engineering Manager!
Our mission and team
Our mission at Fixably is to extend the after-sale lifetime of billions of devices. We make after-sales green. We help satisfy end-users at scale. Repairs handled through our platform are counted already in the millions. We have customers in 30+ countries and counting. Above all, we care about our people, our customers, and our planet.
We light up when we tackle new challenges. We get excited when we share new ideas with our colleagues, especially when we see our ideas in action. We thrive on solving problems with our clients, and we excel at creating simple solutions that exceed expectations. We love our colleagues, and we put our families first. We genuinely care about each other, and we are constantly looking for like-minded, talented people like you to join our diverse team.
The tasks of Engineering Manager will include e.g.:
- Acting as the direct manager and servant leader of software engineers across multiple Agile teams.
- Collaborating with other managers and leaders to foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Holding regular One-on-Ones with your engineers, ensuring their wellbeing, and supporting their professional development.
- Giving and receiving continuous and constructive feedback, providing guidance and coaching.
- Applying a holistic approach to performance management by developing and using a balanced range of metrics.
- Developing hiring plans to meet the company’s needs as it grows and participating in recruitment.
- Being responsible for the onboarding and induction process for our engineers.
- Recognizing high performance, rewarding accomplishments, and motivating individual team members.
- Designing and organising team-building and individual development activities.
We hope that you:
- Have genuine empathy and interest in human behaviour with excellent listening skills.
- Are passionate about inspiring engineers to reach their full potential and motivating trust.
- Have extensive experience of Agile software development practices and a proven, successful track record in leading and supervising software engineers (2+ years)
- Have a software engineering background and a strong understanding of the day-to-day work of engineers.
- Possess strong decision-making, prioritisation, and problem-solving skills necessary in a fast-changing environment.
- Avoid micromanagement and know how to step back and let people do their magic, but are ready to take judicious action when necessary.
- Have excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
- Are already living in Finland, ideally in the Helsinki metropolitan area.
- Are able to come to the Helsinki office at least once a week.
In addition, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Information Science, or similar is a benefit. It is also nice if you speak Finnish but it is not mandatory.
What we offer
- Meaningful work that can make a big positive impact on the planet.
- A safe and friendly work environment with amazing and talented colleagues who are truly helpful, supportive, and fun. Friday mingling and socialising.
- Real work-life balance, flexible working hours, and a hybrid office culture (including home Internet and an ergonomic workstation for remote work).
- A central office location in Helsinki with easy access to public transportation, parks, restaurants and pubs, culture, and recreation.
- Open office space with a music stage, reading area, and table tennis.
- A fully-equipped kitchen in our office with everything you need to prepare meals or even cook with your colleagues, stocked with refreshments.
- Subsidised lunch benefits as well as sports and culture benefits (€400/year tax-free).
- Occupational healthcare services (including mental health support).
We are also interested in hearing your thoughts about what would improve your employee experience.
Join the Fixably team!
We look forward to hearing from you! Apply as soon as possible, but no later than Monday 23.5.2022. We will interview suitable candidates even before the deadline. For more information, contact Katri Ylönen from Barona IT (email@example.com, 050 5727 326).