Are you the right match to lead and develop our Clients production operations in city of Porvoo as Factory Manager at Makulaku Lakritsa. You feel passionate about sweets and confectionery products, and you have a good understanding of what it takes to efficiently run a factory.
Makulaku is a leading manufacturer of licorice in Finland has been producing licorice since 1994 with annual volume exceeding 3 million kilos. Makulaku expertise in the field of licorice is at top level and Makulaku operate responsibly and adhere to sustainable practices. Makulaku is BRC and organic certified and has some 65 employees working at the site.
Makulaku strives for first class product quality and customer service, and through continuous development Makulaku strive to offer even better service to it's customers and enjoyable moments for the consumers. Makulaku is part of the Danish Carletti Group.
Required skills / background:
- A suitable technical (university) degree, preferably process or mechanical engineering.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the food process industry, maintenance planning, management, and process development tasks.
- Experience in efficiency improvement projects
- Good understanding of product safety standards and quality systems.
- Good cooperation and communication skills and the ability to work with different stakeholders.
- In addition to Finnish, fluent oral and written English. Knowledge of the Swedish language is considered an advantage.
Work assignments / responsibilities:
- Factory budget and KPI responsibility
- Planning and good service and quality, improved efficiencies
- Work in close cooperation with product development
- Lead and develop production team and their capabilities
- Lead and develop factory maintenance team, including the building
- Run a production and processes that are cost effective and efficient.
- Lead internal process development projects, including capital investments
You should be enthusiastic and energetic, goal-driven, and highly motivated to complete tasks in a timely, efficient manner. The candidate should also thrive in a strong team environment, be a self-starter and comfortable speaking up in company meetings. An individual who is positive, interactive, resourceful, and creative in problem solving by thinking "out of the box" will be highly valued in this role.
The candidate is furthermore likely to live within driving distance from the factory in Porvoo. Above all else, you must have strong initiative and enjoy an entrepreneurial environment. In this role, you play an important role in developing Makulaku production operations.
Makulaku offer You a responsible, independent and versatile position in a growing international company. In your role, you report to the Managing Director. Makulaku workplace benefits include e.g. occupational health care, sports and cultural benefits and flexible working hours.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your application as soon as possible. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable person is found. Please send your resume and application with salary expectations 29th of September.