Food processing workers at Naapurin Maalaiskana
Are you ready to jump-start your career in the food industry or maybe you're an experienced food production worker looking forward to a new opportunity? In both cases - we have a job opening for you! We are hiring enthusiastic production workers for our client Naaapurin Maalaiskana, which is focused on preparing top-quality chicken products.
We offer you the chance to work in a flexible and truly international environment, with interesting growth opportunities, tailored to your own wishes and skills. You will have an active role on the production side, preparing to send out the chicken meat products to Finnish people's households. Several positions are available in the slaughtering, cutting, and packing departments. Depending on the department, your main tasks include cutting, packing, boxing, and paying the utmost attention when checking the quality of the final products. We hope you know how to embrace routine, as the production line work is stable and repetitive.
The employment starts with a fixed-term contract for the period 02.01-30.09.2023 or 1.4-30.09.2023. And can be successfully continued with another employment agreement. The working time is 40 hrs/ week, Monday - Friday, a 2 shifts work system in place (Cutting department - 6.00-14.00/ 14.00-22.00, Packing department - 7.30-15.30/ 15.30-23.30). So we hope you have full availability for both shifts. Good resilience to cold conditions is important for this role, as the tasks are performed in a cold working environment (+4 Celsius).
What we expect from you?
- It's great if you have food processing studies and/ or experience, but not a must - we are providing extensive orientation and training process at the workplace.
- Instead, we value a good work attitude and a keen interest in learning about the production in the food industry.
- Conversational English or Finnish language skills, to be able to communicate with a multinational team.
- Having hygiene passport and Salmonela certificate is an advantage. Both of them are mandatory in this position (can be taken for free upon start of the employment).
- Systematic and quality-oriented mindset
- Resilience and a pro-active attitude
- Own car is a big advantage, due to the location of the factory.
- Driving license B category it is also an advantage.
From us, you will get:
- Temporary contract, with an opportunity to become a long-term over time
- Competitive salary, based on the Finnish collective agreement in the meat industry sector - paid twice/ month.
- Chance to work in a friendly, multinational environment
- Comprehensive occupational health care coverage
- Work insurance
- Aranged accomodation and transportation to the working place - around 390 €/month (own room in a shared apartment)
In addition, if needed, we will support you with your application for a residence permit in Finland and help with all relocation and administrative matters. You will also have the access to Barona employee benefits - promotional prices to gym and wellness chains around Finland, discount codes for various online and accommodation service providers. We are constantly following up on our employees well-being and work satisfaction.
We are interviewing and selecting candidates during the application period, so don't hesitate to send your application as soon as possible!