Housekeepers for the winter season in Rovaniemi, Finland
Want to experience a Lappish winter behind the Arctic Circle? We are looking for HOUSEKEEPERS to join the Santa Claus Holiday Village resort in Rovaniemi, Finland. You will experience a truly Arctic winter, with the Northern Lights and tons of snow. Work and enjoy a Finnish sauna, husky safari, reindeer safari, skiing at Ounasvaara, ice-fishing, or go hiking in the magical Lapland!
As a Housekeeper, you will be a part of the world‘s most unique resort and together with other employees, you will create the magic of Lapland.
Your daily task as a housekeeper will be cleaning cottages in the area of the resort. You will be working in a pair so a team-spirit is important in this job. As the area is pretty big, you will be using company cars to transport yourself among cottages. Especially during the highest season, it can be very busy time, so the right attitude and a good physical conditions are crucial for this role. You will be working in a multicultural environment with people from all over the world, so it is necessary to be able to speak English language which is a working language here.
This seasonal position starts in October/November and will run until end of March 2024. Your work schedule will consist of 112,5 h per three weeks, on average.
Why to work with us? In Barona, you will get:
- Finnish fixed-term employment contract
- Competitive salary depending on working experience: 1923 - 2125 €/month + extras
- Extra compensation for evening (+1,33€/h), night (+2,25€/h) & Sundays/public holidays (+100%) shifts
- Possibility of additional shifts and extra hours (especially between December-February)
- Staff housing is provided by the employer, paid by the employee. The cost: 300-450€/month (Shared apartments located around 4 km from the workplace)
- Relocation assistance and support
- Occupational health care provided by the employer after the employment has lasted at least one month
- One safari activity FOR FREE
- Photo with your biggest boss in the area (Santa Claus) 😊
- Special prices on staff lunches (around 6€) + included coffee and soft drinks
- Other benefits such as a 10-20% discount for staff in the restaurant and shops in the Arctic Circle area
- Work in a multicultural, friendly, and supportive environment that turns the work into fun and joy
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Previous relevant experience in a similar position is a plus
- English language on a communicative level is a MUST
- Driving license is a MUST
- Being a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to keep up good team spirit
Information about the selection process:
The right candidates will be invited for an online interview. Once succeeded, there will be the second round of the interview with our client.
The employment agreement will be signed with Barona, but you will be working for Santa Claus Holiday Village.
If you feel this is the right job for you, please, submit your resume in the English language. Join Barona and explore Rovaniemi city which is an Arctic capital for all senses, and enjoy the true spirit of Christmas!