Landis+Gyr is establishing a new team for their Global Technology Office. In the frame of a multi-year journey to cloud, they are now looking for a highly motivated Looker Developer to join them. You do not need to have prior experience on Looker if you have used Power BI or Tableau.
Who are we?
Landis+Gyr is a leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Offering one of the broadest portfolios, we deliver innovative and flexible solutions to help utilities solve their complex challenges in Smart Metering, Grid Edge Intelligence, and Smart Infrastructure. With sales of USD 1.4 billion in FY 2020, Landis+Gyr employs approximately 5,000 people in over 30 countries across five continents, with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better.
We hire the best and brightest minds in the industry, then encourage them to become innovators in the field. Teamwork, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to quality are at the heart of everything we do. By joining Landis+Gyr you’ll be joining a truly global team, providing you with an opportunity to work with and learn from some of the industry’s leading experts. Agility is important here as is the ability to take a fresh new perspective on things. You will be encouraged to play an active part in your own development whether that be improving your existing skillset or planning your longer-term career growth. You will enrich your career experience by working with us in a learning-oriented and energized environment. We welcome talents with open minds from around the world. More information is available at Landis+Gyr website landisgyr.eu.
What is this position?
We are currently setting up a new team for Global Technology Office in our largest EMEA R&D location in Jyväskylä (Finland) focusing on data analytics development. There is now an exciting new opportunity available for a Looker Developer in this expert team. Landis+Gyr also has an office in Vantaa, so you can also be located there. In addition, remote working inside Finland is possible.
Looker is a business intelligence software and big data analytics platform developer by Google Cloud Platform. As a Looker Developer, you will be part of a fast-growing, international analytics development team of approximately 20 team players across regions, and play a crucial role in implementing, improving, and maintaining Looker across Landis+Gyr. This includes partnering with business and analytics teams to provide guidance and assistance in creating and streamlining Looker reports and underlying ETL pipelines. In partnership with multiple stakeholders, you will focus on developing and delivering leading-edge data analytics solutions using Google Cloud and Looker.
In more detail, your responsibilities include:
- Partnering with product owners, data scientists, business users, and others to understand their needs and come up with an end-to-end solution
- Translating business requirements to actionable data tasks
- Designing and developing scalable turn-key ETL pipelines
- Evolving and maintaining Looker configuration, assessing business needs, and enabling relevant Looker functionality
- Becoming a subject matter expert on Looker, both as a development platform and visualization tool
- Being responsible for maintaining security and data access models within Looker
What are we looking for?
Necessary skills and experience for succeeding in this role are:
- Experience in working on a successful business intelligence team
- Expertise in visualization technologies, e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Looker, and/or another BI tool
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- SQL skills for querying and creation of views/tables and functions
- A robust track record of successfully delivering BI and analytics solutions within cross-functional matrix environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner
We also appreciate if you have:
- Familiarity with structuring and writing ETLs
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to manage highly complex information, assess problems, and develop effective solutions
- Ability to provide advice, counsel, and analysis on business intelligence issues
- Experience with LookML models, looks, and dashboards
- Enthusiastic attitude towards working in international business and with people from different cultural backgrounds
Join the Landis+Gyr team!
We offer you an exciting opportunity in an international and innovative environment at an industry-leading company, and a challenging and rewarding position to work in a high-performing environment and be able to influence a leading cloud analytics offering on Google Cloud. Join us on the road to success!
If this description applies to you, we are looking forward to your application. We will interview suitable candidates even during the application period. For more information, please contact Katri Ylönen (firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 5727 326).