Analytics QA Engineer
Landis+Gyr has established a new team for their Global Technology Office. In the frame of a multi-year journey to cloud, they are now looking for a highly motivated Analytics QA Engineer to join them.
Who are we?
Landis+Gyr is a leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Offering one of the broadest portfolios, we deliver innovative and flexible solutions to help utilities solve their complex challenges in Smart Metering, Grid Edge Intelligence, and Smart Infrastructure. With sales of USD 1.4 billion in FY 2020, Landis+Gyr employs approximately 5,000 people in over 30 countries across five continents, with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better.
We hire the best and brightest minds in the industry, then encourage them to become innovators in the field. Teamwork, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to quality are at the heart of everything we do. By joining Landis+Gyr you’ll be joining a truly global team, providing you with an opportunity to work with and learn from some of the industry’s leading experts. Agility is important here as is the ability to take a fresh new perspective on things. You will be encouraged to play an active part in your own development whether that be improving your existing skillset or planning your longer-term career growth. You will enrich your career experience by working with us in a learning-oriented and energized environment. We welcome talents with open minds from around the world. More information is available at Landis+Gyr website landisgyr.eu.
What is this position?
We has set up a new team for Global Technology Office in our largest EMEA R&D location in Jyväskylä (Finland) focusing on data analytics development. There is now an exciting new opportunity available for an Analytics QA Engineer in this expert team. Landis+Gyr also has an office in Vantaa, so you can also be located there. In addition, remote working inside Finland is possible. Unfortunately, remote working from outside Finland is not possible.
Our solutions are focused on advanced analytics and AI/ML technology to help our utility clients realize the potential of big data and artificial intelligence. As a QA Engineer, you will be part of a fast-growing, international analytics development team. You will work according to the scrum methodology in a group of around 20 team players across regions, consisting of product owners, business analysts, software developers, data scientists, UX designers, and QA engineers. We believe in an integrated approach, where every team member is involved in all steps of the software development lifecycle.
In partnership with multiple stakeholders (Product Management, DevOps, Architecture), you will become a central player in obtaining high-quality product deliveries. Your primary role is to help your colleagues deliver quality by testing the software and helping developers in making more testable code. You will be working with both manual testing and test automation so that we can succeed in mastering continuous delivery.
More specifically, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in developing a test strategy for automation as part of quality assurance, defining criteria and area for automation
- Plan test activities for projects based on direct project requirements
- Manage evolving test requirements, analyze and design tests as well as perform test data preparation
- Test case specification
- Design and perform different types of tests (e.g. manual, regression, and exploratory tests)
- Functional backend manual, integration, regression, and exploratory test
What are we looking for?
Necessary skills and experience for succeeding in this role are:
- Experience with QA processes in a team that succeeded with continuous delivery
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives, and rapidly changing priorities
- Fluent English language skills
We also appreciate if you have:
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering Business or related field (or equivalent industry experience)
- Knowledge and experience in Agile processes, methodology, and techniques (such as SAFe framework, metrics, and the implementation of Agile Release Train)
- Enthusiastic attitude towards working in international business and with people from different cultural backgrounds
Join the Landis+Gyr team!
We offer you an exciting opportunity in an international and innovative environment at an industry-leading company, and a challenging and rewarding position to work in a high-performing environment and be able to influence a leading cloud analytics offering on Google Cloud. Join us on the road to success!
If this description applies to you, we are looking forward to your application. We will interview suitable candidates even during the application period. For more information, please contact Katri Ylönen (firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 5727 326).