Automation Engineer / C++ Developer to ABB oy Marine & Ports
Take your next career step at ABB with an international team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB Marine & Ports, we are at the forefront of driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow. Discover more at our website https://new.abb.com/marine
In the Marine Software Development Engineering team in Vuosaari, Helsinki ABB is actively maintaining and further building the portfolio of navigation, watch-keeping, assistive and autonomous shipping functions that are executed from the ship’s bridge. You will be developing code, as well as contributing to quality assurance and documentation of your work, in both the middle-ware and frontend oriented layers of this product. You will also help the R&D team in different sizes of projects. You will work in an international environment consisting of colleagues in Vuosaari and Krakow, with English as the everyday language of business and technical communication.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing a C++ middle-ware to front-end functionality allowing the inter-operability with other ABB Marine & Ports control systems (OPC-UA, Modbus, CAN bus based communication).
- Collaboration with the UI/UX designers and backend developers.
- Bring on board openness to learn and remain eager to ingest and propose good development and quality practices.
What we expect from you:
- Experience in C++ development in embedded and time critical applications.
- Experience in the Qt framework and the QML is additional plus.
- Familiarity with the industrial protocols such as OPC-UA, Modbus, Profibus, CAN bus or similar is an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
You will be working in an international, multi-cultural team, with knowledge of marine business and a drive to quickly deliver solution for some of the world’s largest and most complex green ships. You will bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
We will interview candidates already during the application period and the employment starts as soon as the right person is found. In this position you can work partly remotely. For more information, please contact Senior Consultant Katri Hyppänen at Barona Engineering tel. +358 50 439 9785, on weekdays 9-15.