Business Support Manager
SSP Finland is looking for a new skilled professional for their Nordic IT team. As a Business Support Manager at SSP Finland, you will play a pivotal role in managing relationships between IT and operational teams, ensuring seamless IT support, and driving the successful delivery of central IT projects. Your responsibilities will cover project management, support, and deployment activities primarily for Finland and Nordics.
- Develop strong business partnerships, tailoring IT solutions for site-specific needs, with a focus on the region, including the Nordics. Communicate process changes and contributes to core system development.
- Attending SSP Operational units for on-site IT troubleshooting, ensuring user compliance, and liaising with external IT departments.
- Manage and coordinate strategic projects, collaborating with stakeholders, delivering IT projects, and providing regular updates on progress.
- Oversee IT deployment, supporting planning, design, and implementation of IT infrastructure, managing hardware solutions.
- Analyze systems faults, proactively reducing support calls and hardware maintenance, and suggesting efficiency improvements.
- Attending team meetings, ensuring consistent service across the Nordics, participating in key decisions, and providing reports on compliance and systems issues.
- Manage 3rd Party services, monitoring delivery, facilitating process changes, managing maintenance calls, and liaising for project work.
- Provide 2nd Line support for the region, assist other Nordic regions, support 1st Line, and escalate tickets as needed.
- Tech-savvy and passionate about IT.
- Effective communicator across all levels, from users to senior directors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and well-versed in server and network logic.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft systems (AD, Exchange, operating systems) and Citrix environment.
- Familiar with credit card terminals and POS systems.
- Driven by a strong passion for success and business advancement through systems.
- Skilled in building relationships with 3rd parties.
- Influential and persuasive with excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, demonstrating analytical skills for issue resolution.
- Willing to travel, particularly in Finland and other Nordic region.
- Fluent in English, Finnish skill is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent experience gained through work experience.
- A varied, challenging, and inspiring work with skilled colleagues and customers.
- Ongoing competence development, attractive working conditions, competitive salary, ePassi for culture & sports and discounts up to 50% off at all SSP units.
- Interesting and unique field of business where you can develop your skills in an in-house environment and career opportunities in 37 countries.
- Comprehensive occupational health care.
- We provide flexible working hours and a hybrid option allowing one day of remote work. While we value this flexibility, we also appreciate full-time presence at our headquarters office in Vanta Airport, Helsinki.
How to Apply:
The recruitment process is managed in collaboration with Northstar Talent, part of Barona IT. For further information about this position, contact Barona IT Recruitment Consultant Mandana Heino, mandana.heino (at) northstartalent.com. You will be employed directly by SPP Finland on a permanent, full-time basis.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter highlighting your relevant experience and skills in English by 8th of March 2024. Applications will be processed as they come, and the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.
Note that applications sent via email due to GDPR cannot be processed. If you have a passion for success, excellent IT skills, and a desire to drive business forward, apply now and become a part of SSP Finland's dynamic team!