Congratulations on exploring your career opportunities with FAST and taking the first step to becoming a FASTie! A FASTie? Yes, a FASTie.
FAST-ie - ’faeste - noun
- an energetic, intelligent, enthusiastic person who works at Fast Enterprises. 2. a person dedicated to modernizing government technology to better serve the general public. 3. someone who is open to adventure and wants to experience new places around the world. 4. someone who enjoys collaboration with clients and camaraderie with teammates while solving business and technology problems.
If the description below speaks to you, take 5 minutes (seriously, only 5 minutes) to apply!
FAST is an industry leader in the development and installation of software for government agencies. In 1998, we forever changed the way government revenue agencies support their business with the introduction of GenTax®. This commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) integrated tax solution has enabled many agencies to take advantage of package implementations, which provide cost-efficient and fully functional software systems to our clients. We have expanded beyond Tax and now perform implementations for Motor Vehicle, Driver License, Unemployment Insurance Tax, Unemployment Insurance Benefits, and Child Support Engagement agencies. The tech industry is a dynamic and competitive field. At FAST, we are fortunate to be able to channel our passion for technology towards the public good, providing essential software services to our clients. We are privileged to do this work with a company and teammates who genuinely care for one another.
As an Implementation Consultant on our team, you will be involved with all phases of the implementation of our software solution. We are currently looking for software developers who are fluent in both English and Finnish. This position will initially be based in the United States for an 18 month period. An offer of employment will be contingent upon the approval of a U.S. work visa, and subsequent relocation to the United States, pursuant to the requirements of the J-1 visa program. Upon expiration of the J-1 visa, relocation back to Helsinki, Finland will be required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, or Mathematics. FAST will also consider graduates from other areas of study when supplemented with technical experience or aptitude.
- A minimum of one year of relevant professional experience in the field of technical consulting or software development.
- Logical reasoning skills and the ability to solve demanding problems
- Exposure to specific technology is not required; however, experience in the following areas is desirable: MS Visual Basic.NET, C#, and Oracle DBMS or MS SQL Server
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Fluent language skills in Finnish and English (You will work in both languages)
- Curious and eager to learn new technologies (i.e FAST technology)
- Collaborative, proactive and a true team player
- A creative problem solver, who can get things done and takes the responsibility for delivering
We offer you:
A dynamic work environment with comprehensive orientation and opportunity for professional development
Salary range: €4,000 - €4,500/month
o While working in the US, you will also receive a cost-of-living adjustment.
If you feel excited about being a part of our team and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
We handle the recruitment process together with Northstar Talent, part of Barona IT. For further information about this position, please contact IT recruitment consultant Mandana Heino, email@example.com. You will be employed directly by Fast Enterprises on a permanent, full-time basis.
Please submit your CV and a personal letter in English by 30th of November. We will process the applications as they come and fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate. Please note that we are not able to process any applications sent via email.