Mainframe Industries is a team of game developers, designers, data scientists and infrastructure engineers developing a cloud native MMO. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to bring our IT function to the next level and help us in our mission to build a living world that people will call their home for decades. The current IT infrastructure is a solid ground to build on, but there is work to be done and you will be instrumental in guiding us for improvements. Now we are looking for a skilled IT Manager to join our team in Helsinki. Here’s what we have in mind:
• You will take ownership of the company’s internal IT assets, including provisioning and de-provisioning of equipment and license management.
• You will be monitoring performance of our information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and making recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
• You will be facilitating the development of operational procedures for all Mainframe IT services (e.g., runbooks, knowledge articles, etc.) and take responsibility of IT ticket monitoring, prioritization, and escalation.
In addition when you get things going:
• Identify and make recommendations for automation opportunities.
• Identify and plan for the IT support needs for the company as we grow.
• Identify and plan for the IT security needs for the company as we grow.
What we are looking for:
• You are an experienced IT manager having designed and implemented large scale systems.
• You can lead the work in your domain.
• You are comfortable working in a tight distributed team.
• You enjoy working with distributed systems and all the complexities they bring.
• You have a positive and solution-oriented approach, and you find it important to communicate plans and information forward to the team.
• You have a desire to innovate, and you want to find the most optimal solutions.
• You have empathy and understanding for people and other disciplines in and around the product.
• You are ok to work mostly at our HQ in Helsinki.
If you see yourself in this position, please get in touch with us asap. To apply, please submit your application online no later than Monday, the 28th of November 2022.