Software Developer, Autonomous Equipment / Sandvik
Sandvik’s Digital Mining Technologies Division is driving an exciting revolutionary transformation of the Mining industry. This industry is going totally digital, which has a radical impact on our customers’ way of thinking, their processes, and the way they run their business. Our offerings today include solutions for fully automated and robotic mining machines for underground and surface mining applications (AutoMine®).
We are now looking for Software Developer, Autonomous Equipment for AutoMine® team to support our current and growing business in the field of digital mining products. This is a full-time permanent job based at our new Tulli Business Park office in Tampere, Finland.
We welcome both seasoned senior developers and eager junior developers to apply – the role and salary will be modified based on the applicant’s expertise and technical skills. This is an incredible opportunity for you to join our team and be part of the digital transformation in the mining industry. We at Sandvik are committed to investing in you and your professional development.
About your mission
As a Software Developer, Autonomous Equipment your main responsibilities will be:
- Work as part of the highly professional team developing existing and future autonomous solutions.
- Participating and contributing to SW system level documentation as well as low level SW specifications and SW documentation
- Implement new features based on specification and maintain existing features.
- Ensure agreed content and quality are successfully delivered on time and cost.
- Provide hands-on expert level assistance for technical issues.
You have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in IT/Software, automation or similar.
- You have good knowledge in C / C++.
- Knowledge of C#/.Net/Python and test automation and Robot framework are considered a plus.
- Previous experience from autonomous equipment, sensor fusion, and/or machine control systems is considered a plus.
- You are a team player, and your way of working is systematic, and you have passion to get things done on.
- This job requires excellent documentation and verbal skills in English and motivation to learn new things.
What is in it for you?
We offer you versatile tasks in a modern, continuously evolving, and international product development environment, as well as the opportunity to develop your own professional skills and career. You will be able to visibly see the output of your hard work first-hand at our test yard in Tampere or when visiting our divisions around the world.
In addition, we offer a multi-form and inclusive corporate culture focused on sustainable development, with values such as Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. We at Sandvik believe that the diversity of experiences, perspectives and backgrounds will contribute to successes for our employees, our company and therefore also our customers. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn, Facebook, We Make the Shift - Advancing the World through Engineering and Concept Loader to get to know us better.
Want to join our team?
Submit your application by Monday 2nd October 2023. We aim to fill the position as soon as possible, so don’t wait for the deadline, and instead apply right now! Click the “Apply” box or here (link)
External candidates: Please submit your application through the Barona Recruitment portal.
Internal Sandvik candidates: please apply through the Sandvik intranet pages.
The recruitment is organized in collaboration with Northstar Talent, part of Barona IT. For further information about this position, please contact IT recruitment consultant Eero Miettinen, eero.miettinen (a) northstartalent.com