Sous chef for the restaurant in the city of Santa Claus, Finland
Do you want to work in a unique place behind Arctic Circle? Have you already worked as a SOUS CHEF in Finland? Are you a true leader with proven leadership skills? If yes, we have the perfect seasonal job for you! Join us and be a part of the world‘s most unique resort and together with other employees, you will create the magic of Lapland. You will live in the official city of Santa Claus, surrounded by the beauty of Finnish nature.
For our client, Santa Claus Holiday Village, we are searching for SOUS CHEF who will work as a shift manager at the kitchen side of the restaurant at the resort of Santa Claus Holiday Village.
You will have the chance to work as a SOUS CHEF in one out of the three unique restaurants from the Santa Claus Holiday Village resort. You will be preparing a variety of dishes - from a la carte menus to breakfasts and buffets. The essential part of your job will be leading your team in the kitchen and effectively organizing and managing working shifts. The role requires a great team spirit as well as a true leadership skills, and adaptability as you will work alongside an international team, using English as your common language. You should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment because it may be very busy especially during the busiest season. Apart from that, we expect you to have work experience as a cook, a passion for cooking, and take pride in creating delicious meals.
This is a fixed term position, starting with September 2023 and lasting till March 2024. You will be working full-time, for an average of 112,5 hours per three weeks, in various shifts system.
- Finnish fixed-term employment contract
- Competitive salary depending on working experience: 2500-3200€/month + extras
- Extra compensation for evening (+1,33€/h), night (+2,25€/h) & Sundays/public holidays (+100%) shifts
- Possibility of additional shifts and extra hours (especially between December-February, but November and January are fewer hours)
- Staff housing is provided by the employer, paid by the employee, the cost: 300-450€/month (Shared apartments located around 4 km from the workplace)
- Relocation assistance and support with the official formalities in Finland
- Occupational health care provided by the employer after the employment has lasted at least one month
- One safari activity FOR FREE
- Photo with your biggest boss in the area (Santa Claus) 😊
- Staff lunches (around 6€) + included coffee and soft drinks
- Other benefits such as a 10-20% discount for staff in the restaurant and shops in the Arctic Circle area
You are the perfect candidate for us, if you:
- Have previous work experience as a cook is MANDATORY
- Previous experience on managerial position (Min. 5 years)
- Are familiar with European cuisine
- Have previous work experience in Finland is a MUST
- Know English language and Finnish language on a communicative level
- Are a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Have education in a gastronomy area - is a big advantage
- Have driving license - is a plus
Information about the selection process:
Barona acts as a collaborator, and the employment agreement will be with Barona, but you will be working for Santa Claus Holiday Village.
If you feel this is the job you dream about, please, submit your resume in the English language.
The right candidates will be invited for an online interview. Once succeeded, there will be the second round of the interview with our client.